At Neutral Bay Laser & Dermatology we strive to offer our patients the widest possible range of treatments for all manner of dermatological and skin conditions.
There are many different acne treatments, usually suitable for some types of acne, but not all. For this reason, a consultation with our dermatologist is always the first step in getting your acne treated. Our dermatologist will assess the type of acne you’re experiencing, determine which course of treatment will be most effective and assist you in making the final decision which will be suitable for your needs.
Acne treatments can include:
- Topical creams
- Oral preparations including antibiotics and Roaccutane
- Treatment of complications such as redness, scarring and keloids using vascular, ablative and fractional lasers, injections and subcision
- Light-based treatments, such as Kleresca
What is acne and how is it caused?
To find out more about acne, please see our Conditions page
Acne SCARRING Treatment
Acne scars can be very troubling to patients and can be very noticeable, even decades after the acne has past. It is our experience that patients often seek help in the management of their acne scars years or even decades after their teenage years have passed
At our clinic we can treat different types of acne scars and have a range of treatments to suit different skin types.
Treatments for acne scarring can include:
- Topical scar fading cream
- Vascular lasers can treat red acne scars
- Intralesional steroid injections can treat keloid scars
- Subcision of tethered scars or punch excision
- Fraxel 1550nm or Carbon Dioxide lasers
- Facial resurfacing can give an overall improvement in skin condition
- Injectable fillers can be used to fill out indentations in the skin
Because there are multiple types of acne scars, knowing the right treatment requires a skin specialist. To ascertain the treatment that is right for your skin, we request that you consult with our dermatologist, in the first instance.
If you would like to make an appointment to see our dermatologist about your acne or acne scarring, please call our clinic on (02) 9953 9522.