Pigment lasers are those whose light beam targets brown or darker patches on the skin. We use pigment lasers to treat :
- Lentigines and freckles
- Age warts, liver spots and seborrhoeic keratoses
- Birthmarks that are brown in nature, such as Cafe au Lait macules, Naevus of Ota, Becker’s Naevus, Hori’s macules etc
- Diffuse and irregular hyperpigmentation (brown patches on the skin)
- The signs of sun exposure
- Drug induced pigmentation
- Tattoos, whether cosmetic, traumatic, radiotherapy markers, body tattooing, amateur/jailhouse tattoos
You can learn more about how lasers work and the importance of having a large selection of lasers to choose from, when determining how to treat a skin condition, on our “About our Lasers” page.
What pigment lasers do we have at our clinic?
At Neutral Bay Laser & Dermatology Clinic, we have a number of different pigment lasers available, which are suitable for treating a wide variety of pigmented lesions.
- Q-Switched Alexandrite laser
- Q-Switched 532nm Nd:YAG laser
- Q-Switched 1064nm Nd:YAG laser
- Picosecond Alexandrite laser
- Erbium:YAG laser
- Intense Pulsed Light
To book an initial consultation with our Dermatologist, or to discuss treatment with pigment laser, please contact the clinic on (02) 9953 9522